I know you are worried about the electrical problem in your house, fed up with tradespeople and don’t want the hassle of waiting to see if an electrician turns up when you have taken a day off.
But don’t be tempted to carry out DIY electrical work in your home. It’s not worth putting yourself, your family and your home at risk from accidents. Simon Portillo: the domestic electrician Cardiff hire for domestic electrical services that have consistently high customer satisfaction.
My domestic electrical installations and repairs are friendly, helpful and competitively priced for Cardiff residents (or so I am told!). So why not make use of my easy start-to-finish range of domestic electrical services? Customers tell me I have gone the extra mile to help complete their work in a quick and friendly manner.
Choose me over other electricians because…
- You can rely on me for small electrical jobs other electricians don’t want. It’s just me, so I don’t have to chase for the long-lasting electrical jobs in Cardiff that go on for months.
- You won’t be disrupted with your new working from home schedule. I’ll get your lights, replacement sockets and shower working at a time that suits you.
- You can expect a call on the day with a time of arrival (unless we have already confirmed on the phone or by email) so you have notice of when I will arrive.
- You can find reviews on Google My Business.
- You don’t have to go and get cash (unless you really want to). Bank transfer, debit and credit card payments is my preferred method of payment.
- If you have a fault with your installation then provide me with more information using the contact form and I can begin to work with you on resolving it. I have even helped people troubleshoot in the past over email and the customer didn’t even need an electrician after some guidance!
- You will receive the necessary paperwork when I have finished working for you. I’m registered with NICEIC and provide the necessary certificates – like Part P (also called notifiable electrical work) confirming your new electrical work complies with BS7671 and building compliance.
Is it a domestic or commercial electrician I need for the flat above a shop in Cardiff City Centre?
A domestic electrician is a name given to a tradesperson who works in a dwelling (where someone lives and sleeps). NICEIC call them domestic installers and is fine for what you need.
Are you registered with a Part P provider?
Yes, I am registered with NICEIC. You can find my details on their website by typing my name (Simon Portillo), or postcode (CF5 3NU).
There are lots of domestic electricians in Cardiff. Why should I choose you?
I’ll fit around your existing working commitments whilst carrying out electrical work in your home and keep the disturbance to a minimum. You can rely on me for the smaller jobs you might not get a lot of response from other electricians working in the City Centre! I’m DBS clear, Insured, respond to emails and calls in a timely manner and accept credit cards.
What domestic electrical work is notifiable to Cardiff City Council building control?
A lot of electrical work in Welsh homes is notifiable. Replacement consumer units, work in kitchens, bathrooms and outside. See the screen capture below: