I’m the reliable electrician Cardiff home and business owners hire for domestic and commercial electrical work. I’m a time-served apprentice and have years of experience in the electrical trade working throughout South Glamorgan. An NICEIC Approved Contractor, so I’m assessed for compliance. You will receive Part P certificates and covered by their platinum promise.
Electrical work throughout the Welsh capital includes new wiring, wiring problems resolved, testing and inspection. I’ve recently completed new light fittings, an extra socket outlet, smoke detectors, a home-buyer inspection and new consumer unit. I work with low voltage wiring (data, doorbells and telephones) for computing, wireless access points and CCTV as well.
Based in Fairwater, west Cardiff I offer a reliable, personal service, attention to detail and wiring regulations compliance guaranteed. I’m DBS clear, provide quotes in writing and accept debit and credit cards. So why not ask me about electrical installation, repair and accessories for your upcoming project?
Like other registered electricians working in the Welsh capital you can find me on the Competent Person Register. For you, this means:
- The electrical contractor is up-to-date with wiring and building regulations.
- Assessed by a trade scheme provider for compliance.
- Insured to work in your premises.
- Complaint procedure in force.
Haydn Cooper. “Great service. Polite. Competent. Helpful.”
Don’t chance having electrical work carried out by anyone – why hiring a registered electrician (PartP scheme provider member)is important:
- Installation to the latest edition of the wiring regulations (BS7671)
- Electrical measurements taken for testing purposes is with calibrated test equipment.
- Repairs and upgrades carried out to the highest standard.
- New electrical systems designed in accordance with national electrical safety standards (BS7671).
Is it new electrical components you need? I don’t repair appliances, but as an NICEIC registered electrical installation business I do install:
- Switches, sockets, indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Security floodlights.
- Cooker hoods, door bells, door entry and smoke detectors.
- Hand dryers, kitchen under cabinet and plinth lighting.
- Central heating controls (like Nest, Tado and Honeywell)
Mandy Pope. “Very reliable and efficient service. Attention to detail and tidy. Thanks Simon”
What it costs to hire me:
- Domestic and Commercial rates (No VAT):
- Daytime call out rate including 30 minutes of working time, £65. Then £25 every hour after that.
- Most planned work falls in to one of two rates, which is:
- 1/2 day £120.
- Full day £230.
- If you need further information or want to hire me then please get in touch using the contact page.
Ruth Evans. “Simon’s attention to detail was obvious from the first contact. He was punctual and professional and completed the work with the minimum of disruption.”