Recommended electrician services for Cardiff home and business
If you need a reliable electrician for your Cardiff home, office or shop i can help. I work with lots of domestic and commercial customers throughout South Glamorgan to help them achieve their electrical project requirements. I can help you choose the accessories you want installed at a time that suits you. I can also inspect, test and fault find electrical problems. Recent electrical work throughout the City Centre includes:
Why hire me for electrical installation, troubleshooting and testing?
- I’m local. Based in Fairwater i access the City centre and surrounding areas quickly.
- Reliability. If i’m running late i will call you. If my current workload is held-up and your start date is going to change; i will contact you in advance.
- Trust. See my DBS details here. I only recommend electrical work that is necessary and happy to explain why.
- I’m annually assessed by the NICEIC for competence and compliance with the wiring and local building regulations.
- I’m insured to carry out electrical work in your apartment, house, garage, office or shop.
- Written estimates and invoices.
- I accept Debit/Credit cards.
You can be confident in my abilities and attention to detail. I have an in-depth knowledge of the wiring and local building regulations. I’ve helped lots of customers throughout South Glamorgan and can hopefully help you too.
Why choose a registered electrician in Cardiff?
Lots of people carry out electrical work. That is a piece of work whereby something works at the end of it – but is that enough? Water and electricity in close proximity requires extra care. That is because the risk of electrocution is greater. Lets look at an electric shower swap out. A DIY job will give you a hot wash but here are some things professional electricians do DIY’ers wont:
Showers use a huge amount of current so perfect connections are important. Do you know how to terminate cables correctly and if the correct one has been installed? Shower cables are a lot harder to work with compared with flex inside a plug top. Loose and improper connections pose a fire risk.
Is the earthing and main bonding satisfactory? The safety of your new shower depends on this.
Do you have rcd protection – and if you do, would it disconnect in the necessary time frame to help reduce the risk of electrocution?
Will the overload protection operate correctly like it should do in the event of a fault? Do you know what that value is and have the necessary equipment to check?
Here’s what you can expect from Simon Portillo, an NICEIC Approved Contractor
- Competence. Registered electricians are assessed to ensure compliance. An independent assessor checks the quality of installation work and recently completed electrical installation certificates.
- Certification. Some electrical installation work is notifiable to building control in County Hall. You won’t have any problems missing certificates can cause should you decide to sell your home or business.
- Covered. Electrical contractors belonging to a trade body must have the necessary insurance. My trade policy covers me should an accident occur whilst working for you.
- Guarantee. The NICEIC platinum promise helps resolve any problems even if the electrical company is no longer trading.
How much does it cost to hire an electrician in Cardiff?
All electrical contractors (and all trades for that matter) have different hourly, daily and call out rates. This is why many customers gather a few quotes before deciding which trades person to hire.
My domestic and commercial rates are (No VAT):
Daytime call out including 30 minutes of working time – £65. I then charge £25 per hour after the initial 30 minutes.
1/2 day £110
Full day £220
Do you need a 24 hour electricians service?
I do not offer a 24/7 service. My working day consists of planned, electrical installation or maintenance. Having worked out of hours i discovered very few calls needed urgent assistance and have put a simple set of guidelines to help you decide if its something you need help with straight away.