Recommended Electrical Services for Cardiff Home and Business
I’m the electrician Cardiff home and business owners rely on for domestic and commercial electrical work. I’m a time-served apprentice and have years of experience in the electrical trade working throughout South Glamorgan. An NICEIC Approved Contractor, so I’m assessed for compliance. You will receive Part P certificates and covered by their platinum promise. Most of my work comes from referrals. I’m the Electrician home and business owners recommend for domestic and commercial services. I offer a personal service, attention to detail and building regulations compliance guaranteed. I’m DBS clear, provide quotes in writing and accept debit and credit cards. So why not ask me about installation, repair and accessories on your upcoming project?
Electrical work throughout the Welsh capital includes new wiring, wiring problems resolved, testing and inspection. I’ve recently completed new light fittings, an extra socket outlet, smoke detectors, a home-buyer inspection and new consumer unit. I work with low voltage wiring (data, doorbells and telephones) for computing, wireless access points and CCTV as well.
Like other registered electricians you can find me on the Competent Person Register. For you, this means:
- The electrical contractor is up-to-date with wiring and building regulations.
- Assessed by a trade scheme provider for compliance.
- Insured to work in your premises.
- Complaint procedure in force.
Don’t chance having electrical work by anyone – why hiring a registered electrician is important:
Choosing a competent electrician registered with a PartP scheme provider should ensure:
- Installation to the latest edition of the wiring regulations (BS7671)
- Electrical measurements taken for testing purposes is with calibrated test equipment.
- Repairs and upgrades carried out to the highest standard.
- New electrical systems designed in accordance with national electrical safety standards (BS7671).
Is it new electrical components you need?
I don’t repair appliances, but as an electrical installation business I do install:
- Switches, sockets, indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Security floodlights.
- Cooker hoods, door bells, door entry and smoke detectors.
- Hand dryers, kitchen under cabinet and plinth lighting.
- Central heating controls (like Nest, Tado and Honeywell)
For further information you can click on my recent electrical work below:
What do electricians in Cardiff charge?
Ask any electrician their rate and you will get different answers depending on where you live. Electrical installation and testing is most economical to you when carried out by a local trades person. Travel time and fuel is expense passed on to you, the customer. That said, everyone has different overheads and profit margins. Is your electrical work planned or is it a 24 hour electrician you need? If the latter, then expect to pay a premium because the electrical company you have found offering this service will be paying their electrician a standby allowance, money for going to the job and time off the following day if they have been working out of hours. For planned electrical work most customers gather a few quotes before deciding which trades person to hire.
What it costs to hire me:
Domestic and Commercial rates (No VAT):
Daytime call out rate including 30 minutes of working time, £65. Then £25 every hour after that.
Most planned work falls in to one of two rates, which is:
1/2 day £120.
Full day £230.